Greater Denton Arts Council
POSITION: FULL CHARGE BOOK KEEPER
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS REQUIRED: 10-15 hours per week; flexible schedule during regular office hours. Additional hours as required.
SALARY: Part-time; $20 per hour
The Greater Denton Arts Council is seeking a detail-oriented full charge bookkeeper to manage the organization’s financial documents and assist in monthly and bi-monthly payroll.
– Tracks charges and refunds
– Notifies staff of any deviations from budget
– Reconciles all revenues with the general ledger
– Collects and records invoices, checks, account statements, and other financial information
– Corroborates invoices with their associated work orders to ensure accuracy
– Pays verified bills for accounts payable
– Conducts and supervises maintenance of invoice files
– Oversees checks, pays invoices, and makes bank account deposits
– Compares bank statements with general ledger to corroborate finances
– Checks balances against accounting receipt records
– In coordination with payroll provider, coordinates biweekly and monthly payroll and updates payroll information into records
– Assists with payments to contract employees and services
– Enters and assists with logging and tracking of membership payments and dues
– Enters and assists with capital campaign spending and payments
– Substantiates financial reports and values depreciable assets
– Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
– Proficient with accounting software, spreadsheets, and word processing software
– Demonstrated experience with QuickBooks and Exel is required; experience with non-profit accounting software systems a plus
– Demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting procedures
– Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and multitask
– Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
– Possesses positive attitude, initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently as well as in team environment
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
– Three to five years experience as an accountant or bookkeeper
The Greater Denton Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FULL CHARGE BOOK KEEPER” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Due to the anticipated number of applicants, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted.
INTERNSHIPS AT THE GREATER DENTON ARTS COUNCIL
Interested in receiving training and real-life experience in the arts and non-profit management? The Greater Denton Arts Council is currently seeking interns to assist in the following areas: education and exhibitions, development, marketing and social media, and visitor studies and evaluation.
Internships are available to university students or recent graduates. Start and end dates are flexible but primarily run the length of an academic semester. Interns must be willing to contribute a minimum 10 hours of service per week. Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three professional or academic references to email@example.com. For details, click here.