The Campus Theatre, originally an Interstate Movie Theatre, was built in 1949. In 1990, the Campus Theatre was purchased by the Arts Council and re-opened as a central location for the performing arts groups in Denton. It is now home to the Denton Community Theatre, Music Theatre of Denton, and other performing arts organizations, which present over 100 performances annually. In 2010, the Campus Theatre was designated a Texas historical landmark.
The Campus Theatre is managed by Denton Community Theatre.