CARA AWARD NOMINATION FORM
Since 1974, The Community Arts Recognition Award (CARA) honors those who have significantly enhanced the cultural life and status of Denton through outstanding achievement in the field of fine arts or for service to the arts in the community. One CARA will be awarded. The award recognizes cumulative achievement as contrasted with one-time gifts or contributions. It may be given to an individual or business.
The Greater Denton Arts Council awards the CARA annually if and when a nominee has met the criteria for selection.
- A lasting commitment to the arts, proven by service rendered over a period of time.
- Ability to make a meaningful contribution to the arts by implementing programs, objectives, facilities or goals in the community or by significant achievement within one or more arts disciplines
- Has worked to ensure that future generations may have opportunities to enjoy an optimal quality of life in Denton
- Has enhanced the cultural life and status of Denton through longstanding and widespread support of the arts and arts organizations
- To make your nominations, please complete the form below in accordance with the above criteria. GDAC Board Members and staff are not eligible for nomination
Nominations for the 2017 CARA Awards must be received by Monday, January 23, 2017. Submit your nomination online now!