Greater Denton Arts Council is currently seeking the following positions:
coordinator of exhibitions
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full time, Non-Exempt
The Coordinator of Exhibitions works closely with the Executive Director to implement the Art Council’s philosophy of exhibitions at the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center. This position is responsible for the coordination and installation of exhibitions at the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center and satellite sites. In addition, this position assists as needed with graphic design for exhibitions and marketing materials for GDAC and PAAC.
- Works in partnership with the Executive Director to develop the schedule of exhibitions at the PAAC and satellite sites such as UNT's Murchison Performing Arts Center lobby.
- Oversees all aspects of exhibition project coordination including layout, art intake and pick-up, creation of gallery signage, labeling, hanging, artist statements, price sheets and sign in sheets
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets, monthly reports, and tracks expenses and expenditures
- Oversees the development and timely distribution of loan letters, artist and exhibition contracts, and necessary insurance contracts
- Keeps master exhibition schedule and set timelines for exhibition production
- Develops and maintains records on each exhibition with copies of all correspondence, publicity, and gallery sheets
- Oversees gallery sales, communicates with buyers and artists, monitors gallery donations boxes
- Coordinates all phases of the annual Materials: Hard + Soft competition and exhibition including calls for artists, promotion, juror selection, submissions process, contracting of artists, and installation
- Works with Manager of Operations and staff in the coordination of installation schedules and use of galleries for master calendar
- Drafts and maintains accurate exhibition credit lines in collaboration with Executive Director, sponsorship, and development efforts
- Ensures the organization maintains exhibition policies and procedures in keeping with best practices
- Assists as needed in the production of promotional materials for GDAC/PAAC
- Demonstrates leadership as an active participant in staff, board, and community meetings
- Oversees exhibition and marketing and design interns
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced setting
- Possesses excellent written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in the use of computers and software applications, including design software and database management; possesses the ability to learn new applications
- Possesses positive attitude, initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently as well as in team environment
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelors Degree in Art, Art History, or Graphic Design and/or equivalent work experience (masters degree preferred)
- One to three years past experience working in museums, galleries, or cultural institutions, preferably in curatorial, exhibition, or design division
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices regarding art handling, installation, and transport of art objects
The Greater Denton Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Due to the anticipated number of applicants, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. The position will be open until filled.
INTERNSHIPS AT THE GREATER DENTON ARTS COUNCIL
Interested in receiving training and real-life experience in the arts and non-profit management? The Greater Denton Arts Council is currently seeking interns to assist in the following areas: education and exhibitions, development, marketing and social media, and visitor studies and evaluation.
Internships are available to university students or recent graduates. Start and end dates are flexible but primarily run the length of an academic semester. Interns must be willing to contribute a minimum 10 hours of service per week. Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three professional or academic references to firstname.lastname@example.org.